ChatGPT Prompts for Creating a Powerful Resume



 "Could you please review the job description I will send you along with my resume and provide expert advice on how to enhance and tailor my resume specifically for this job?"

This prompt is designed to get professional advice on improving and customizing your resume based on a specific job description. It encourages a detailed review of both the job description and the resume, with the aim of aligning the resume more closely with the job requirements.


“Please outline specific achievements and responsibilities in the form of bullet points for a resume targeting the position of [insert job title here]. It is essential that these bullet points include measurable accomplishments and outcomes."

This prompt is intended to generate a list of specific achievements and responsibilities that are relevant to a particular job role. The focus is on measurable accomplishments and outcomes, which can help to demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of the your work in previous roles.


"Please provide a thorough and precise response by identifying the specific keywords associated with the job title of [insert job title here] at [insert company name here], which will be included in the job description that I will send to you."

This prompt is designed to identify the specific keywords associated with a particular job title at a specific company. These keywords can be important for tailoring your resume or cover letter to a specific job, as they often reflect the skills, qualifications, and experiences that the company is looking for in a candidate.

"Please customize your resume specifically for the [JOB TITLE] position at [COMPANY]. Kindly include both your current resume and the job description for reference."

This prompt seeks expert advice on tailoring your resume to fit a specific job role at a particular company, using both the current resume and job description as references.


"Please analyze my resume and the job description provided below, and identify 10 specific skills that I should emphasize in order to align my qualifications with the requirements of the job."

This prompt requests an analysis of your resume and job description to identify key skills that should be highlighted to match the job requirements.


"Take my experience as a [JOB TITLE] and identify which skills I should highlight if I'm looking to pivot into a role as [TITLE] at [COMPANY OR TYPE OF COMPANY]. [Copy/paste your current resume; you can also try with both your resume and the job description.]"

This prompt asks for guidance on transitioning from one job role to another, identifying key skills from the current role that would be valuable in the new role.

"Here's my current resume. How would you rewrite it if you were applying to this [TITLE] role at [COMPANY]? Include metrics in the achievements. [Copy/paste your resume and the job description.]"

This prompt requests a rewrite your resume to better fit a specific job role, with a focus on including measurable achievements.


"Please provide specific and detailed updates to the experience section of my resume in order to enhance its effectiveness and make it more action-oriented. [Kindly copy and paste your resume below for reference.]"

This prompt seeks advice on how to make the experience section of a resume more impactful and action-oriented, enhancing its overall effectiveness.


"I would like you to act as a resume reviewer. Could you please review my resume and provide feedback on the following aspects:"

This prompt requests a comprehensive review of a resume, seeking feedback on various aspects to improve its quality and relevance.

Here's my current resume. How would you rewrite it if you were applying to this [TITLE] role at [COMPANY]? Include metrics in the achievements. [Copy/paste your resume and the job description.]

This prompt can be used to revise a current resume to better align with a specific job role, emphasizing the inclusion of quantifiable achievements.


Please provide specific and detailed updates to the experience section of my resume in order to enhance its effectiveness and make it more action-oriented. [Kindly copy and paste your resume below for reference.]

This prompt can be used to get advice on enhancing the experience section of a resume, focusing on making it more impactful and action-oriented.

I would like you to act as a resume reviewer. Could you please review my resume and provide feedback on the following aspects:

Which additional sections should be included to enhance the readability of my resume? How can I make my resume more scannable and easily digestible? What specific numbers and results can I incorporate into my resume to strengthen it? Which action verbs should I select to make my resume more impactful? Are there an excessive number of buzzwords in my resume, and if so, how can I replace them?

This prompt can be used for a comprehensive review of a resume, seeking feedback on various aspects such as readability, scannability, inclusion of quantifiable results, choice of action verbs, and use of buzzwords. The goal is to improve the overall effectiveness and relevance of the resume.


 jaintricks by Jain Varghese